Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Murder. And throw up.

Yep, I made it safe and sound to the "murder capital" of the world--San Pedro Sula!! Haha. The most dangerous city in what's apparently the most dangerous country in the world right now...Honduras. Who knew? ;) I'll be staying over night in a motel here and catching my flight in the morning.
I'm thankful for a safe 4ish hour drive to the motel this evening, and for the great company of Iain with all of his amazing stories and experiences on the mission field. God is so good. And it's so encouraging to hear other people's experiences and challenges and where they've come from to where they are today.

And I never thought I'd be smuggling a dog, let alone a chihuahua into a motel...a Honduran motel with security every corner you look. But we did it!! haha. Aaand then I got to clean up dog throw up from the long and bumpy ride to get all the way here...neat. It's a long story, but I'm bringing him to meet his owner manana as a favor to some good family friends, so it's all worth it! :) Just the idea of smuggling a dog into a motel in the 'murder capital' seems kinda crazy now that I think of it. Wait--that sentence didn't sound good. Not that they murder people who break the rules here at the motel!! Well,...not that I know of..? ;)

Anyways, just wanted to update on how the first part of my journey back home has gone smoothly and that tomorrow morning I'll be heading to the airport!

~Maria


1 comment:

  1. Yet another fear gripping title! neat. Love you!!!! I hope you have a good read for the long flight!

    ReplyDelete